How To Prepare For And Use A Packing Services Company
A packing services company can be of great assistance when moving your home from one location to another. Here are a few things to consider when you organize for moving day:
- Preparation - Go through your possessions and eliminate as much as possible before you move. Your possessions can be divided into the following three categories:
- Donations - Call a donation company and have them come before your packing day and remove all of your possessions that you wish to donate to charity. Do this as soon as possible.
- Trash - Remove the objects that you wish to throw away and put them in the trash. Get as much out of your home as soon as possible to keep things simple and organized.
- Keepers - Organize your possessions that you wish to pack and move so that the packing company has a clear vision of the scope of their job.
- Assessment and Estimates - Call your packing services company to assess what you have to move and give you an estimate of costs and time. This will help the packing services company to know exactly what kind of services you will need and how many workers it will take to do the job. It is best to call more than one packing services company and compare estimates in order to pick the company that is the best for your job.
- Boxes and Tape - Packing services companies can bring boxes to pack your possessions or you can provide them yourself. It is more economical to provide your own boxes. Have your boxes folded and stacked in one area of your home with plenty of newspaper, foam padding, styrofoam peanuts, other packing materials, and plenty of professional sealing tape. Get the sealing tape that rolls out automatically with a swipe of the dispenser handle.
- Pack, Label, and Unpack - If possible, have the same company pack your possessions at your home and unpack your possessions when you reach your destination. This consistency will alleviate any problems or disputes after completion of the job. Label all boxes as they are packed and indicate where you wish to have each box delivered at your destination. If there are more than one or two bedrooms and bathrooms, make signs and label each room to avoid confusion.
- Furniture - Arrange for your packing services company to disassemble all furniture, wrap the components, and secure with protective foam and padding. When your furniture arrives at your destination, arrange to have your packing services company reassemble it into proper, functioning condition.
Moving your home can be a simple job when you plan ahead and hire a good packing services company. Get all estimates of costs and time in writing and compare the services offered by each of the different companies. With ample time, planning, and a great packing services company, you can move easily and be ready to resume your life and regular routine quickly. Contact a packing services company, such as Bekins Van Lines Inc, for additional instructions and information.
14 January 2016